We are pleased to announce that the proceedings & slides of the 2019 AIVC- TightVent-venticool joint Conference “From energy crisis to sustainable indoor climate – 40 years of AIVC” held on 15-16 October 2019 in Ghent, Belgium are now available to download for FREE on AIVC’s Bibliographic Database, AIRBASE. All related documents can be found and downloaded here:
We are happy to announce that the AIVC released a new collection of papers linked to ventilative cooling and published during the period of 2012 to 2019! The collection includes 212 papers presented at AIVC & venticool annual conferences and publications produced by the IEA-EBC annex 62 ‘ventilative cooling’. The collection is freely accessible at:
Thursday 26th March 2020, 15:00-16:30 (CET) The current development in building energy efficiency towards nZEB buildings represents a number of new challenges to design and construction. One of these major challenges is the increased need for cooling in these highly … Continue reading
Mark your calendars for the upcoming AIVC 2020 International Workshop “Urban Home Ventilation” to be held on May 6th, 2020 in Oslo, Norway! The workshop will start at 08:30 AM and finish at 04:00PM. It will take place at OsloMet (Pilestredet 46, Oslo, Norway). The main focus will be on ventilation requirements, trends, and quality, moisture and comfort control and kitchen ventilation. Information on registration, programme, speakers etc. will follow soon, so stay tuned.
The 15th issue of the venticool newsletter is now available! Specific contents include: Foreword IEA EBC Annex 80 on resilient cooling Feedback from the 40th AIVC & 6th venticool conference: Summary of the ventilative cooling & HVAC track Ongoing standardization … Continue reading
The abstract submission deadline for the 41st AIVC – ASHRAE – IAQ joint Conference “IAQ 2020: Indoor Environmental Quality Performance Approaches Transitioning from IAQ to IEQ” to be held from the 14th to the 16th of September 2020 in Athens, Greece together with … Continue reading
The AIVC – TightVent – venticool 2019 joint Conference “From Energy crisis to sustainable indoor climate – 40 years of AIVC”, co-organized by Ghent University and the International Network on Ventilation and Energy Performance (INIVE) on behalf of the Air … Continue reading
The evaluation questionnaire of the 40th AIVC – 8th TightVent & 6th venticool conference: “From Energy crisis to sustainable indoor climate – 40 years of AIVC” was sent out to the 204 attendees of the event. 102 participants filled in the evaluation form. … Continue reading
Annex 80 participants gathered for the first time to hold Expert Meeting in Vienna. During two days 32 participants from 13 countries contributed their knowledge and expertise. Together the composition of three review papers have been decided upon. Subtask A … Continue reading
The 41st AIVC – ASHRAE IAQ joint Conference “IAQ 2020: Indoor Environmental Quality Performance Approaches Transitioning from IAQ to IEQ” will be held during the 14th & 16th of September 2020 in Athens, Greece. It will be a joint event combined with the 9th TightVent and the 7th venticool conferences.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) has been the core of ASHRAE’S IAQ series of conferences for the past 30 years. This conference will expand from Indoor Air Quality to Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ). IEQ includes air quality, thermal comfort, acoustics, and illumination and their interactions. The particular focus of this conference is on performance approaches including the metrics, systems, sensors and norms necessary to implement them.
- Health and Well-being: Appropriate technical and operational definitions
- Performance Metrics: For all aspects of IEQ
- Interactions: Interactions between IEQ parameters
- Occupant Behavior: How behavior impacts IEQ and how IEQ impacts behavior – psychological dimensions of IEQ
- Smart Sensors and Big Data: Sensor properties, data management, cybersecurity, applications
- Smart Controls: Equipment properties, commissioning, equivalence
- Resilience and IEQ: Responding to climate change and disasters
- Ventilation: Mechanical, passive, natural and hybrid systems
- Air Tightness: Trends, methods and impacts
- Thermal Comfort: Dynamic approaches, health impacts and trends
- Policy and Standards: Trends, impacts, implications
- Submission of abstract, December 9, 2019
- Notification of decision on abstract, February 12, 2020
- Submission of complete manuscript, April 17, 2020
- Final acceptance, June 12 2020
- Philomena Bluyssen, Professor of Indoor Environment, TU Delft
- Richard de Dear, Ph.D., Director, Indoor Environmental Quality Laboratory, University of Sydney
- Mariana Figuiero, Director of the Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Dr. Benjamin Jones, Associate Professor, University of Nottingham
- Cath Noakes, PhD, FIMechE, FIHEEM, Professor of Environmental Engineering for Buildings, University of Leeds
- Stephanie Taylor MD, M Architecture, CIC, FRSPH(UK), MCABE, Taylor Healthcare Consulting, Inc.
Abstract submission is open at: https://www.conftool.org/IAQ2020/
Registration is not yet open. Once open, a link will be available here
For more information, please visit https://www.ashrae.org/conferences/topical-conferences/indoor-environmental-quality-performance-approaches or contact email@example.com.