Welcome to this combined website of the venticool platform and of IEA EBC Annex 62 – Ventilative Cooling
The November 2019 issue of the “Energy Efficiency and Indoor Climate in Buildings” newsletter has just been released. This monthly online newspaper contains relevant information on the Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (AIVC), the building and ductwork airtightness platform (TightVent Europe), the international platform on ventilative cooling (venticool), the Indoor Environmental Quality – Global Alliance (IEQ-GA), the Dynastee platform & EU relevant information
The paper is available at the first week of every month at: http://news.inive.org/
We would like to encourage you to subscribe to get informed on a regular basis on our platforms’ activities.
The 41st AIVC – ASHRAE IAQ joint Conference “IAQ 2020: Indoor Environmental Quality Performance Approaches Transitioning from IAQ to IEQ” will be held during the 14th & 16th of September 2020 in Athens, Greece. It will be a joint event combined with the 9th TightVent and the 7th venticool conferences.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) has been the core of ASHRAE’S IAQ series of conferences for the past 30 years. This conference will expand from Indoor Air Quality to Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ). IEQ includes air quality, thermal comfort, acoustics, and illumination and their interactions. The particular focus of this conference is on performance approaches including the metrics, systems, sensors and norms necessary to implement them.
- Health and Well-being: Appropriate technical and operational definitions
- Performance Metrics: For all aspects of IEQ
- Interactions: Interactions between IEQ parameters
- Occupant Behavior: How behavior impacts IEQ and how IEQ impacts behavior – psychological dimensions of IEQ
- Smart Sensors and Big Data: Sensor properties, data management, cybersecurity, applications
- Smart Controls: Equipment properties, commissioning, equivalence
- Resilience and IEQ: Responding to climate change and disasters
- Ventilation: Mechanical, passive, natural and hybrid systems
- Air Tightness: Trends, methods and impacts
- Thermal Comfort: Dynamic approaches, health impacts and trends
- Policy and Standards: Trends, impacts, implications
- Submission of abstract, December 9, 2019
- Notification of decision on abstract, February 12, 2020
- Submission of complete manuscript, April 17, 2020
- Final acceptance, June 12 2020
- Philomena Bluyssen, Professor of Indoor Environment, TU Delft
- Richard de Dear, Ph.D., Director, Indoor Environmental Quality Laboratory, University of Sydney
- Mariana Figuiero, Director of the Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Dr. Benjamin Jones, Associate Professor, University of Nottingham
- Cath Noakes, PhD, FIMechE, FIHEEM, Professor of Environmental Engineering for Buildings, University of Leeds
- Stephanie Taylor MD, M Architecture, CIC, FRSPH(UK), MCABE, Taylor Healthcare Consulting, Inc.
Abstract submission is open at: https://www.conftool.org/IAQ2020/
Registration is not yet open. Once open, a link will be available here
For more information, please visit https://www.ashrae.org/conferences/topical-conferences/indoor-environmental-quality-performance-approaches or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final programme for the joint 40th AIVC, 8th TightVent & 6th venticool conference “From Energy crisis to sustainable indoor climate – 40 years of AIVC” to be held on October 15-16, 2019 in Ghent, Belgium is now available. There will be a total … Continue reading
Registration is still open for the 40th AIVC conference: “From Energy crisis to sustainable indoor climate – 40 years of AIVC” to be held on October 15-16, 2019 in Ghent, Belgium together with the 8th TightVent and the 6th venticool conferences. An overview … Continue reading
The People’s Republic of China had the fastest growth in space cooling energy consumption worldwide in the last two decades, driven by increasing income and growing demand for thermal comfort. This report, prepared by the International Energy Agency (IEA) and … Continue reading
Registration is still open for the 40th AIVC conference: “From Energy crisis to sustainable indoor climate – 40 years of AIVC” to be held on October 15-16, 2019 in Ghent, Belgium together with the 8th TightVent and the 6th venticool conferences. More than 100 papers have … Continue reading
The symposium “Activities of IEA TCP on Energy in Buildings and Communities (EBC TCP)”, organised by Dutch Flemish Buildings Physics Association (NVBV) and the Belgian Building Research Institute (WTCB-CSTC-BBRI), took place on the 11th of June 2019 in Brussels, Belgium from … Continue reading
Annex 62 “Ventilative cooling” of the IEA Technology Collaboration Programme “Energy in Buildings and Communities” was an international research project running from 2014 to 2018. The research focus of the annex was on the development of design methods and compliance … Continue reading
The fourteenth issue of the venticool newsletter (June, 2019) has just been released. Specific contents include: ForewordThe recently launched IEA EBC Annex 80 on resilient cooling15 -16 October 2019 – 40th AIVC & 7th venticool conference in Ghent, BelgiumEPBD Article … Continue reading
Across Europe, 90 million children and young people spend their weekdays in schools, colleges and universities. More than one in three of the working population is office-based. And every year, 90 million patients spend more than a week on average … Continue reading