The conference “IAQ 2020: Indoor Environmental Quality Performance Approaches Transitioning from IAQ to IEQ”, organized by ASHRAE and AIVC, will be held in Athens, Greece. The conference will also be the 9th TightVent and 7th venticool conference.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) has been the core of ASHRAE’S IAQ series of conferences for the past 30 years. This conference will expand from Indoor Air Quality to Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ). IEQ includes air quality, thermal comfort, acoustics, and illumination and their interactions. The particular focus of this conference is on performance approaches including the metrics, systems, sensors and norms necessary to implement them.
- Health and Well-being: Appropriate technical and operational definitions
- Performance Metrics: For all aspects of IEQ
- Interactions: Interactions between IEQ parameters
- Occupant Behavior: How behavior impacts IEQ and how IEQ impacts behavior – psychological dimensions of IEQ
- Smart Sensors and Big Data: Sensor properties, data management, cybersecurity, applications
- Smart Controls: Equipment properties, commissioning, equivalence
- Resilience and IEQ: Responding to climate change and disasters
- Ventilation: Mechanical, passive, natural and hybrid systems
- Air Tightness: Trends, methods and impacts
- Thermal Comfort: Dynamic approaches, health impacts and trends
- Policy and Standards: Trends, impacts, implications
- Role of ventilation and building airtightness in epidemic preparedness
- Filtration and disinfection options to control COVID19
- Face-covering impacts on indoor air quality
- HVAC and IEQ in a post-COVID world
- Philomena Bluyssen, Professor of Indoor Environment, TU Delft
- Richard de Dear, Ph.D., Director, Indoor Environmental Quality Laboratory, University of Sydney
- Mariana Figuiero, Director of the Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Dr. Benjamin Jones, Associate Professor, University of Nottingham
- Cath Noakes, PhD, FIMechE, FIHEEM, Professor of Environmental Engineering for Buildings, University of Leeds
- Stephanie Taylor MD, M Architecture, CIC, FRSPH(UK), MCABE, Taylor Healthcare Consulting, Inc.
Registration is now open here.
- The headquarter hotel, Wyndham Grand Athens, is located at 2 Megalou Alexandrou St, Athens, Greece 10437. The conference negotiated rate is Single Occupancy: 160 Euros / Double Occupancy: 175 Euros. To book at the ASHRAE rate for the Wyndham Grand Athens click here.
- Additional hotel accommodation is available across the street from the host hotel at the Wyndham Athens Residence located at 2 4 Achilleos Steet Platias Karaiskaki, Athens, Greece 10437. The conference negotiated rate is Single Occupancy: 140 Euros / Double Occupancy: 155 Euros. To book at the ASHRAE rate for the Wyndham Athens Residence click here.
- Please note that, to receive the discounted accommodation rates (above), you will need to make your hotel reservations by Monday, April 18, 2022.
More information can be found at: https://www.ashrae.org/conferences/topical-conferences/indoor-environmental-quality-performance-approaches or contact email@example.com.