The current development in building energy efficiency towards nZEB buildings represents a number of new challenges to design and construction. One of these major challenges is the increased need for cooling in these highly insulated and airtight buildings, which is not only present in the summer period but also in the shoulder seasons and in offices even in midwinter. Ventilative cooling can be an energy efficient solution to address this cooling challenge in buildings. This webinar presents the main outcomes of IEA EBC Annex 62 on ventilative cooling design as well as give examples of applications and lessons learned.
This webinar is organised by INIVE EEIG (www.inive.org) with the support of the IEA-EBC annex 62 on ventilative cooling (https://venticool.eu/annex-62-home/) and the venticool platform (www.venticool.eu), and in cooperation with the Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (www.aivc.org).
Presentations & Speakers:
- Introduction to Annex 62 | Hilde Breesch, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Ventilative cooling design | Guilherme Carrilho da Graça, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Ventilative cooling potential & operational strategies | Annamaria Belleri, EURAC, Italy
- Example ventilative cooling: CML Kindergarten (Portugal) | Guilherme Carrilho da Graça, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Example ventilative cooling: University Seminar Room | Maria Kolokotroni, Brunel University London, UK
- Lessons learnt from ventilative cooling cases | Paul O’ Sullivan, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
Participation to the webinar is FREE, but requires you to REGISTER for the event.
For further information please download the flyer .